Monday, March 12, 2007

Whee!

I tried out snowboarding on Saturday. I went to Welch Village with my dad, mom, Allie, and grandma. Allie's already a pretty accomplished skier, in her second year of lessons. My dad's really good, too. Mom and grandma were just along for the (very, very long) ride.

Anyway, I loved it. I had a lesson, then practiced on my own for another couple of hours. I'm ridiculously uncoordinated, especially when it comes to balance, so I can't say I'm at all good at it- I spent most of the morning on my butt. But it was a blast. It's too bad it seems the season is more or less over, because I'd love to go again.

But my goodness, two days later I am still very sore. I'm going to have to do a lot of biking this summer to build some leg strength and just overall improve my fitness level. I'm definitely better off after losing my fifty pounds of accumulated baby weight, but simply losing weight is a far cry from being in shape. Last time I was at my current weight (1999, yikes), I was definitely more fit.

No comments: