Sunday, July 11, 2004

just what i needed :o)

listening to: Better than Ezra, Friction, Baby

The gathering at SP tonight facilitated some much-needed connecting with my heart. During our "body prayer" (don't know what to call it), I got a lot of perspective re: close male friend/boundaries issues. I needed that enormously. This has been a tough few months for me with friends. I've had trouble believing in them when they aren't right in front of me. Ah, trust. Maybe it is ordained that Jeff and I were assigned "faithfulness" as the theme for the day we are running the Vecinos Kids' Day Camp (theme: the fruit of the Spirit). Somehow, I can believe in my own trustworthiness, while disbelieving in my friends, most of whom are far more faithful and reliable than I. I'm really good at self-sabotage. Creating isolation and then convincing myself I can't rely on anyone. It's funny, in a cosmic sort of way.

No comments: