Friday, July 23, 2004

Today was a really great day.  I was bummed since Jeff had to leave for work early so that he could meet with Jimmy about coming to see them and the rest of the intentional community group tomorrow night.  But then, I was talking to my buddy Sarah on the phone, and she not only offered to come visit and help me make the dessert I was preparing for tomorrow, but to bring dinner, too!  Wow, I am loved.  It was fun having her here, and I know the kids enjoyed it as much as I did.  She even helped with their baths, which is beyond awesome. 

We are going tomorrow not to join their group, which is kind of at capacity, but to get a feel for what it will be like to start our own.  I guess since we're organizing it, you could kind of call us the "leaders" of the group we're creating.  Which should make things interesting, since I've never led so much as a singalong.  I'm really excited to get to it, but I'm thrilled that Jimmy and Carla are willing to share some of their hard-earned insights with us.  It is nice to not have to be lonely pioneers in this. 

But I must admit to being a weensy bit jealous that Jeff was the one who got to go out for coffee!  I'm sure he's equally jealous that I got takeout for dinner.

No comments: